Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network keeps looping

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mach_v

mach_v

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

Here is an odd one. I Installed Win 7. Had problems installing network driver. I then installed an XP driver and it worked. I then transfered files not settings from Win 7. Now the network keeps adding a new network that does not connect to the internet. When network 2 pops up it works when network 3 pops up it doesn't. I have deleted network 3 over and over. When i delete it network 2 works but then i restart the computer network 3 comes back. The person then finally found the CD for the motherboard. I uninstalled the old driver restarted and installed the new driver. Same dam thing. Network 2 works then network 3 pops up and cannot connect. When network 3 is up I cannot do anything. I cant change to network 2 or disconnect. I have to unplug the ethernet and then delete network 3. Then it works. This is getting annoying. The motherboard is an EVGA P55 SLI. The drivers for win 7 are bad at the EVGA site. I am hopping someone has had the same issue but googling this is getting me nowhere. Hope someone can help TYVM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

Open your Device Manager and expand 'Network Adapters'. An NVIDIA nForce ethernet driver should be installed. If there are other drivers installed besides the nForce, they are probably Windows default drivers and can be removed. You can also try updating the nForce driver from the Device Manager.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

Do you have the exact model number of the motherboard?

#4 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

Also, in your BIOS there are settings for Serial and Parallel network ports. Unless you have a very old printer or an even older Anderson-Jacobson style modem, these can be disabled.

#5 mach_v

mach_v
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

Bleeping Madman,Here is the MOBO that is installed.
EVGA

Zuhl3156, I will try reseting the bios and device manager again, but i think i tried that it it didn't work. I will try it again cuz you never know.

Thank you all. Hopefully I won't have to use a hammer, but a hammer is fun to use.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

I am thinking that you have a RealTek Network card, can you go to http://www.realtek.com and download the latest versions?

#7 mach_v

mach_v
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

Thanks For all your help. It turns out that it was the windstream modem. Go figure. But thank you all for your support.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for posting the issue and the resolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users