I believe my laptop is seriously infected, disabling in some way any of the usual antivirus/antimalware measures.
Symptoms vary as follows:
1. Disappearing icons and desktop screen.
2. Fake proxy redirects
3. Hijackthis found a hidden file once but then never showed it again.
4. GMER found something but then it disappeared on being run again.
4. Malware bytes, Avira, Superantispyware finds nothing.
5. Eset online scanner found several nasties after running fo 16 hours! Only for my desktop to disappear and be nonresponsive to any clicks that may help Eset to remove any of them.
6. Fixing directory via the C-drive properties runs something called USN journal which I have never encountered.
7. I have run the antivirus/antimalware programs a dozen times in safe mode and without, to no avail.
8. DDS.scr when run just creates a notepad doc with gobbledegook. Doesnot behave as described at BC.
9. On three occasions running fix directory I received a irql equal or less notice and the bluecreen. It hasn't reappeared since.
10. Other odd, disabling behavior like inability to complete windows update or autoupdate programs lke superantispyware.
11. Spybot found and fixed viruses/trojans but problems still recur.
I attach the GMER log, run as instructed by BC.
Please help and thank you!
In case it helps, here's a hijackthis log I just ran.
As I wait for a reply, and apologies if it's a stupid question answered somewhere in the forum, but do I assume correctly that posting the logs is safe, given that it provides public info about the innards of my pc?
Merged 3 posts. ~ OB
How do I delete this post? No response but 118 views?
EDIT: Please be patient. There are over 350 unanswered topics in this forum at present and the current average wait time to receive help is over a week. ~BP
Edited by Budapest, 10 November 2010 - 03:57 PM.