Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I get the new iPod Nano 6G?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Student01

Student01

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

G'day everyone,

Alright. I've been watching and reading specs and all that on the iPod nano 6G:
Smaller, Brighter, 24Hr battery Life,

What's lost:
Video, Camera, Built-in Voice Recorder, Built-in Speakers and games.

What most ppl hate is the price. For being so small and with most features that are no longer in there, the price is set at the same price as the 5G.

So my target is an MP3 player that's small, user friendly with the music(easy access with songs) and consist of a voice recorder.

Basically, this iPod nano 6G actually does have a mic, but you must have an earphone with a mic included in order to record. I'm not too fuss with the lost of built in speakers because i don't like how I might accidently yank out the jack and the music may play outloud. I know the 5G will pause the music if the earphones are out, smart. I'm a bit off with the lost of video but I've got a touched screen mobile that can do all the video for me. Same with camera. Some people would rather wait for Steve Jobs to make a better version of the iPod Nano 6G (hopes to put all or most of the features from the 5G back into the iPod nano.).

Is there an mp3 player that's similar or somewhat better than the iPod nano 6G? or Should I get the iPod nano 6G instead?

Student01

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

You should at least look at the Sansa Clip. I think it will do everything you want. It's also frequently available as a lower priced refurbished player.

Edited by Capn Easy, 08 November 2010 - 03:52 PM.

#3 Student01

Student01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:45 AM

Thx Capn Easy!

You can check out other small Mp3s by: http://reviews.cnet.com/best-small-mp3-players/

Also should check out the Zune HD.

Student01

Posted Image

#4 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

I was going to suggest the Zune HD or the iPod Touch, although I think the mic issue is the same in the iPod touch 4th Gen, I'm not entirely sure about that. I would definitely not consider the iPod Nano 6G, simply because it is a downgrade from the 5G, albeit you can now have a voice recorder, you loose out on the bigger screen, the camera, and the nano is beginning to feel like a iPod Shuffle.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#5 Student01

Student01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

lol....

I got the iPod Touch 4G instead XD

I really don't like using iTunes but i guess i have no choice. Reason why i got it is because my father tells me its way better and very popular atm. there were other convincing points too but i can't be bothered listing it out.

Posted Image

#6 T-man356

T-man356

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

I think that your best bet is actually the Apple iPod Nano 5th generation. MUCH better than 6gen

#7 vijay.seo

vijay.seo

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

Now you can checkit out Apple iPod nano - 7th Generation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users