Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG found Win32/Patched.FR in winlogon.exe. Later also got Win32/Patched.FS in explorer.exe.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 bigdotuk

bigdotuk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:21 AM

Hi All,

This is for any folk that are having the nightmare with "AVG found Win32/Patched.FR in winlogon.exe. Later also got Win32/Patched.FS in explorer.exe" problems.

I am no genius when it comes to computers, in fact windows for dummies is above my level!! However I have managed to get around this problem by installing windows security essentials (I did however need to download the software onto a memory stick as the virus/trojan would not let me got to Microsoft's web page) once installed and scanned the software has managed to remove or at least isolate the issue and my system is now back and no warnings from AVG.

Sorry if that all sounds to simple or dumb but I did warn you, worked for me anyway...good luck folks.

Regards
Bigdotuk.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users