Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing dll

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mintizmate

mintizmate

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

Hi, Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to cure this irritating problem, that started occuring a few weeks ago. I think that an overzealous clean out caused the problem by removing a dll that should not have been removed.
However onto the problem itself:

Whenever I print out anything I get a box popping up with the following message:

RUNTIME ERROR
Program:C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
R6030
-CRT not initialized.

I am using Windows XP sp3 installed and the printer is a Canon ip4300. I am able to print as normal but wish to get rid of this annoying pop-up if it is possible.

Thank You

Mintizmate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

"A runtime is a problem with a program that the developers most likely knew about but there was nothing they could do to fix it. Common causes of runtime errors include software issues, a computer virus as well as a memory issue." (What Causes a Runtime Error in Windows XP, eHow.com). This blog entry will give you a good insite.

I would attempt to uninstall the current drivers for the printer and install them again. Ensure to have the latest drivers by first downloading them from Cannon's Support Website.

If you're not sure how to uninstall and reinstall these, let me know and I will post a step-by-step guide for you.

It is also worth considering going to Microsoft Updates and running a Custom Scan, you might find important system updates which might have some influence on this matter as well.

Also take on board that sometimes runtime errors can be caused by malware, in which case you might want to download Malwarebytes as this is quite a powerful free tool and very good at finding well hidden 'nasties'.

Hope to have helped.
| A+ | Net+ | MCDST | MCITP |

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

Have you tried uninstalling...then reinstalling your printer software?

Louis

#4 mintizmate

mintizmate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

Hi Micksim & hamiuis
Thanks for your advise. I have re-run the printer driver disc, but to no avail. It could well be that I have not done this right so if you would be so kind as to post me a step-by-step guide to uninstalling and reinstalling drivers I would be grateful. I will also run the malwarebytes program in case a nasty is in there.

Regards
Mintizmate

#5 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

It is advisable to uninstall first, rather than just run a repair.
You will need to go into your Printers panel and literally delete it, this will run the uninstallation process.
You'll find the instructions here.

IMPORTANT:
  • Remember to restart you machine prior to running the set-up CD again, once you've uninstalled the Printer.
  • Don't attach the Printer to the Computer till you're prompted to do so by the set-up software.

Regards
| A+ | Net+ | MCDST | MCITP |

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Are you performing your Windows Updates?

#7 mintizmate

mintizmate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Hi Cryptodan,
In answer to your query - yes my computer is up to date with Windows up-date.

Hi Miksim, Thanks a lot for the info. I will try what you have suggested.

Regards to you both

Mintizmate

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

Do you have all the C++ Redistributables installed?

#9 mintizmate

mintizmate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:00 AM

Hi Cryptodan,

Sorry for the late response, but I have been away. In response to your suggestion, I belive that the C++ Redistributables are there, but how can I check?
Regards

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

You can check via Add/Remove Programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users