Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LAN Card Driver problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jammy_jan

Jammy_jan

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:34 AM

in the device manager it shows yellow exclamation marks on the LAN drivers HP NC7760, however we checked the services for network connections which are running fine, tried updating its drivers but we fail to do so we get an error message when we try to upgrade the drivers or reinstall the drivers and in device manager we get the same yellow exclamation marks, we tried both in safe and normal mode but no luck and we also found that the server Mcafee was not up to date as well because when we would try to uninstall the network drivers it would suddenly pop up certain virus detections and then shows it as cleaned, we downloaded the latest dats from Mcafee website but we fail to install it on server it gives an error however then in safe mode we scanned the server and also we scanned the server with the latest Stingers downloaded from McAfee website it did detected and cleaned the viruses where as in result now it does not detects anymore viruses upon installing or uninstalling the drivers and system performance is also improved.

Drivers downloaded from HP website for HP NC7760 Errors when updating the drivers in device manager tried in safe and normal mode:
Fail to uninstall
the device maybe required to boot up the computer.

While installing the drivers from CD
no error during installation - installation finishes server gets restarted normally - when it get restarts device manager applies the yellow exclamations marks again and no luck

We also tried disabling the builtin Lan card and installing an additional Lan card and it appears to have the same problem:
new Lan card yellow exclamanitation mark after restart of server

in the even viewer we also found the below two events:
MRxSmb device driver could not load
RDR device driver could not load
system root\system32\drivers\afd.sys faild to load

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:04 AM

Boot into Safe Mode and remove the device that way, then reinstall the driver. If it fails, then I would replace the NIC.

#3 Jammy_jan

Jammy_jan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:19 AM

I have tried that way and installed an additional new card but i still get the same problem, exclamation marks in device manager over the network cards.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

So new network cards do this as well even of a different brand?

#5 Jammy_jan

Jammy_jan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

Yes its of a D-Link brand and it does the same thing.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

Does this same network card work in another server or machine, and what kind of machine are we dealing with?

#7 Jammy_jan

Jammy_jan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:56 AM

ok this is a HP Compaq Proliant G2 server, yes the other lan card works in another system, and we also tried the external USB Lan card and it does get the same Exclamation marks in device manager looks like its not accepting any LAN Card at all something probably wrong with the registry or some virus issue seems to me any helpppp or suggestion would really apprecaite...

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

Is this server important?

#9 Jammy_jan

Jammy_jan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

LOL Offcourse servers are important - anyways thanks i have sorted out the issue - disabled the old lan card in safe mode and uninstalled its drivers from device manager and installed a new card that worked for me after a lot of hard work this miracle happend LOL

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

Thanks for posting the resolution to this issue. That is so bizarre that you couldnt install another LAN Card on top of another one. The reason I asked if this was important was due to the fact where i work we have production and non-production servers. So I was wondering if it could be down for a while or if it needed to be up 4 days ago.

Edited by cryptodan, 11 November 2010 - 06:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users