Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony's Health scan report!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Goodspeed

Goodspeed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

Hi there,

I have 2 machines, a Sony Vaio VGC-LS1 & a Dell XPS1730 laptop.....not on a network....using zoom adsl X6 modem for both.

Needed help to unintsall 2 softwares: Sonic encoders & Image Station....I get an error using Revo......need this file C:\abu\software603703.SND\ but I cannot find its location.

Contacted Sony neither they could help depite taking remote acess of the machine. Ran a PC health & gave me this report.

1. "The computer's video card is unsatisfactory "

Your computer's video card has been checked and is found to be not as per recommendations

The video card application demands a lot of space and resources from your computer. Thus it is essential to assess the requirements of this application to determine the condition of your computer.

I am using there own bultin Intel 945 GM graphic acelerator??

2. "The Internet Connection Sharing Service needs to be disabled "

The Internet Connection Sharing Service has been enabled.

The Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is applicable to provide network address translation, addressing, name resolution and/or intrusion prevention services to a home computer or small office network. This service helps multiple users on your network to browse through a single account. You need to enable this service if your computer is in a network but can be disabled otherwise.

3. "Non optimal internet configuration settings "

Your current internet configuration settings is not optimally set
There are a varied number of windows settings that affect your internet browsing speed. Thus to ensure better performance while browsing or downloading, these settings need to be optimized.
4. "The CD ROM Autoplay disabled "

The CD ROM Autoplay feature needs to be enabled
If you activate the CD ROM (Read Only Memory) Autoplay on your computer, it will play the CD automatically every time you insert a CD into the drive.

5. "Simultaneous downloads non optimal "

Simultaneous connections to a single HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 server is not optimal
Usually the internet explorer controls the number of simultaneous connections made to a single web server. Owing to this feature, only a limited number of files can be downloaded from a website at a single time. Simultaneous connections to a single HTTP 1.0 server will be limited to 4 and to a single HTTP 1.1 will be limited to 2. However this connection limit becomes restricted as the connection speed and the number of connections allowed to internet servers increase.

6. "The Distributed link tracking client service enabled "

The Distributed link tracking client service is not set to manually activate
It is essential to activate the distributed link tracking client service to maintain links with NTFS files within your computer or across a domain. It can be set to a manual start. However this is recommended only for a large network and not for your home computer network.

7. "The SNMP Trap Service needs to be disabled "

The SNMP Trap Service is activated
Trap messages generated by local or remote SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) agents are received by the SNMP trap service. These messages are then forwarded to the SNMP management programs existing on your computer. However this service is not vital to better the performance of standalone computers that are not a part of a network. Thus it is recommended to disable this service for such computers.

9. "Automatic search for network printers and folders needs to be disabled "

The Automatic search for network printers and folders on your computer has been enabled
It is a feature of Windows to keep the list of any newly shared resource available on your computer up to date. Thus it scans your network to recognize any such resource like a printer recently set online or a folder shared recently. If this feature is disabled, Windows will not be able to detect these resources, thereby reducing the number of applications available on your computer.

How do I fix them OR do I need to fix them.......am getting no errors.....contacted Sony to find a way to uninstall the 2 softwares??

Hoping to hear your expert thoughts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users