Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome wont work anymore

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mthomp53

mthomp53

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

It started about a month ago. I had went on a trip back to my college, and when i tried to use google chrome there, it wouldnt work. It simply loads and loads and does nothing. Then after a while it gives me an option to let it continue to load or to kill the page. ive tried Antimalware bytes, Super Antispyware, avast, and McAfee free scanner plus. Nothing seems to work. PLEASE HELP!

Edited by hamluis, 17 November 2010 - 03:16 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

Hi -
Do you have any other browsers on your system at this time - Just a few first few basic steps to look at to begin with -
Most people still have Internet Explorer or Firefox installed - If you do have any of these installed then is there any problems with them ??
Have you attempted to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it ?? As Chrome is an add on , retry I.E. 7 or I.E. 8 first -

Thank You -

#3 mthomp53

mthomp53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

Hey sorry i took so long to get back, i was busy working, that didnt work. i have other online issues, nothing major, but im just following the rules and staying with the google chrome issue.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

What are these "other online issues", please?

One of the problems with attempting to suggest solutions without seeing the computer...is that users often only tell part of the story, focusing on individual symptoms, rather than taking a more comprehensive view.

?he more that is provided concerning apparent system malfunctions...the better the attempts at resolution, IMO.

Louis

#5 mthomp53

mthomp53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

thanx man, i didnt want to go into everything because the rules were saying to focus on one problem rather than others. But for awhile now I get rerouted on search engines. Also I cant update any antivirus/antimalware software, which has resulted in me not using them that much anymore. Its like somethings blocking them, when i try to update it says to check my internet connection, even though i can browse the internet just fine.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

I think that I'll move this to Am I Infected, for a closer look at the system.

The items that you describe contribute to the idea that malware is present, IMO.

Louis

#7 mthomp53

mthomp53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

So is this topic has been moved u said?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users