Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with the "quick info" windows when I mouse over the taskbar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dpitch40

dpitch40

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Lately I've been having an annoying problem with Windows 7. When I mouse over a window in the taskbar, the quick info for that window (recently opened files, iTunes playback controls, close, etc.) pops up instantly and takes a minute to disappear after I move my mouse away. This is very annoying as I like to have my taskbar at the top of my screen, so these popups obscure other menus and Google Chrome tabs. I'm not sure if it's always been like this or if it's just bugging me now. Is there any way to make it delay before displaying info on a window on mouseover? (This seems like a common issue and I would search for it, but I'm not sure how to concisely describe it)

Alternately, the info windows either don't appear for refuse to go away unless I click around. This inconsistency seems more like an actual problem than some setting I need to change.

Edited by dpitch40, 07 November 2010 - 05:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

Increase/Decrease the Speed of the Aero Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 7 :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image