Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Windows Firewall/ICS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 mickeyfd

mickeyfd

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Hi, I need help with a problem I have with the firewall in Windows XP SP3.

CPU: AMD 2600 +, RAM: 1.5 GB HDD: 80 BG (2 partitions).

The windows takes much time to load and when finally succeeds, doesn't load the service Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), so I have no firewall or internet.
The event viewer gives me the following information: The Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service terminated with the error: The system can not find the file.

Try to start it manually but I get the same error.
I tried the command rundll32 setupapi, InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132% windir% \ inf \ netrass.inf but the installation fails.
I reinstalled the service pack 3 for windows XP.
I tried to uninstall the service but it says there is no such service.

I can not solve this problem ...

I come to your help because I refuse to reformat the computer (I do not want to go for the easy solution)

**********************************************************************************************************************************
**********************************************************************************************************************************
Buenas, necesito ayuda por un problema que tengo con el firewall de windows xp sp3.

CPU: AMD 2600+, RAM: 1.5 GB, HDD: 80 BG (2 particiones).

El windows dura mucho en cargar y cuando al fin lo logra, no carga el servicio Firewall de Windows/Conexión compartida a Internet (ICS); por lo que no tiene ni firewall ni salida a internet.
El visor de sucesos me da la siguiente información: El servicio Firewall de Windows/Conexión compartida a Internet (ICS) terminó con el error: El sistema no puede hallar el archivo.

Intente iniciarlo manualmente pero me da el mismo error.
Probé con el comando rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf pero da error en la instalación.
Reinstalé el service pack 3 de windows Xp.
Traté de desinstalar el servicio pero me dice que no existe dicho servicio.

No logro solucionar este problema...

Acudo a vuestra ayuda pues me niego a formatear la computadora (No quiero ir por la solución fácil)
*****************************************************************************************************************************************
*****************************************************************************************************************************************

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

Do you recall anything that you were doing prior to receiving this error?

#3 mickeyfd

mickeyfd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

My brother was playing "Roller Coaster" and computer crashed. After Resetting windows run the chkdsk and repaired some errors in the 2nd partition.

After that the problem started.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

What partition is Windows installed on?

What do you get when you go to Control Panel then Administrative Tools and then to Services and try to start the ICS Service Manually?

What do the logs show in Event Viewer?

Was there a Blue Screen of Death?

#5 mickeyfd

mickeyfd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

What partition is Windows installed on?
1st partition (C:). No errors with chkdsk.

What do you get when you go to Control Panel then Administrative Tools and then to Services and try to start the ICS Service Manually?
Unable to start service...
Error 2: The system can not find the file.

What do the logs show in Event Viewer?
The event viewer gives me the following information: The Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service terminated with the error: The system can not find the file.

Was there a Blue Screen of Death?
Yes, when clashed, but now is not showing any BSoD

Aditional info: System Restore doesn't work

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

#7 mickeyfd

mickeyfd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

I went to the section "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs" and made a new post
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic359162.html

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

Now that you have successfully posted a log n the HJT forum, please follow only the advice of the tech that tales your log. Be patient, someone will be with you as soon as possible.

You are in good hands...

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. – Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users