Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thumb Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brapster

brapster

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:37 AM

same thing over here. I tried the FindandMount freeware and could mount it, but things don't look good anyways. :-(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brapster

brapster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:55 AM

aah...so, I found the solution last night after messing around with the drive for half an hour or so..
Note: This will remove all data from your Thumb Drive

Lemme post the complete analysis.
It started with me trying to install WindowsServer from a thumb drive because my ROM was not working. I even made a thread on BP about it. Installing Windows Server from USB

Anyways, in the process of doing so, I messed up my thumb drive while following some of the instructions on a site. I was trying to make a bootable thumb-drive from Windows 7 using DiskPart when this happened. After this it had stopped working and kept giving the same errors the OP has in this thread.

Solution: What I did was go with the DiskPart utility in Windows 7 ( I guess its the same for all MS OSs) and format it using these commands.

SELECT DISK 1 ( DISK 1 = USB DISK)

CLEAN

CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

SELECT PARTITION 1

ACTIVE

FORMAT FS=NTFS

(Format process may take few seconds)

ASSIGN

EXIT

This solved my problem, hopefully it does yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users