Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SpywareGuard Run-time Error with LiveUpdate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fallenarchangel

fallenarchangel

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

Hello,

I am running on Windows 7 64-bit OS and just installed SpywareGuard version 2.2 on my computer. I have successfully updated its definitions to 1/22/04. Its latest definitions are only until 2004 as explained in the its FAQ quoted below.

However, my problem is that when I click on LiveUpdate again (just in case SG has new updates), I receive this message "Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument."

Is this expected from SpywareGuard? Or is this a compatibility/outdated software issue?

Why is the most recent database update for SpywareGuard dated 2004?
Some of SpywareGuard's strongest protection is its Browser Hijacking Protection, which is a behavior-based defense. It doesn't need any sort of definition updates, and is still as effective (and powerful) as it was on the day of release.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

This quote is taken from the right hand side of the page in your link.

System Requirements
SpywareGuard works on Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP. Not tested on Vista.

Please note. Win 7 is not mentioned. In particular, 64 bit is not mentioned either.

#3 fallenarchangel

fallenarchangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

Oh, I didn't catch that! My bad.. Hopefully they would release a Windows 7 version of this software soon.

I apologize for replying late because I was busy with work and overtime.

Thank you very much, ThunderZ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users