Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 PowerPoint reader MMX query

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 silver threads

silver threads

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

I am a new user of Win7 on a recently purchased laptop (previously happily using XP) I now find that Microsoft intervenes whenever I try to open any pps files and decides to save these away from the email in the documents library. It apparently has decided that these attachments might not be safe but these same attachments were no problem with XP. I can appreciate that attachments can be a source of virus attacks but I have always had full internet security installed. My problem now is how to attach these isolated pps to an email. Can anyone help explain what is happening here and how I can overcome it please?

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

You can never be too cautious.
Even, if you have your security program active, EVERY attachment should be saved and scanned with your AV program BEFORE doing anything else, like opening it.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users