Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overclocking a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Goomba

Goomba

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

Hello.

I recently have aquried a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012.

I have looked all over the internet and have found a lot of nothing. I have tried using SetFSB but it seems there is no specific clock generator for the Dell Inspiron Mini 1012. I am getting very discouraged. I was wondering if it is even possible to overclock this model.

Much thanks,
Goomba.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:11 AM

By overclocking, the temperature will higher and it probably cause problems like overheating. The fan won't be able to cope the higher temperature.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:23 AM

Hi, Im probably the last person who should be posting to you question ,my overclocking skills are limited ,but!
why in the world would you want/need to overclock a machine built for reading emails and surfing the net,Dell BIOS usually don't offer much in the way of overclocking features
a little on the Atom oc done at Toms hardware .
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-atom-cpu,1947-10.html

Edited by caperjac, 07 November 2010 - 01:24 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:33 AM

There is no point of overclocking it and the it won't increase that much as mentioned in the tom's hardware topic. It's fine how it is and intended for surfing the net.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 Goomba

Goomba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

Oh, dang.

I got it for free, and I have no use for it, so I just wanted to make it a little bit better for like small-scale gaming.

I've seen other netbooks be overclocked and perform quite well. I really don't want a gradual change, a small boost would do fine, but I guess there is just no way for these netbooks. I've seen ways to overclock pretty much every netbook model EXCEPT for Dell Inspiron Mini 1012s.

Thanks for the help though.

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

Oh, dang.

I got it for free, and I have no use for it, so I just wanted to make it a little bit better for like small-scale gaming.

I've seen other netbooks be overclocked and perform quite well. I really don't want a gradual change, a small boost would do fine, but I guess there is just no way for these netbooks. I've seen ways to overclock pretty much every netbook model EXCEPT for Dell Inspiron Mini 1012s.

Thanks for the help though.

my nephew is using his acer one netbook. atom cpu for playing world of war craft ,that all he uses it for ,all i did was take out his 1gig ram and put in a 2gig stick

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users