Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot login to e-mail, facebook or just about anything

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 doo

doo

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

Don't know how I logged in here but I did.I'm not going to log out because I'm afraid I won't be able to re log in.Everytime I try to log in to face book or my email account or other pages I can't.I can bring up web pages but that's about it.The same thing happens to all the computers in my house.3 of the other computers are wireless, and the one I'm on is straight into the modem. When I try to log in it goes to a page that says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage", What you can try:Diagnose COnnection Problem.It still doesn't do anything when I click on Diagnose.Oddly we have a good connection,just can't log in.When I click sign in (Yahoo) the e-mail login page doesn't even come up.When I try facebook, the login page appears but when I sign in it goes to the Diagnose problem page.This is kind of urgent because my son can't access his account to do his schoolwork.HELP.Any ideas

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

is accepting cookies enabled?

Edited by thrillhouse, 06 November 2010 - 07:14 PM.

#3 doo

doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

Not sure.How do I check that?

#4 doo

doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

My privacy setting is set to medium if that's what you mean.FYI, this happened last night after i recieved a phone call.Before the call everything worked fine.We use the magik jack phone system.I closed the magic jack but still have the problem.Also reset the modem a few times

#5 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

It's a weird problem. I don't know where the setting is in IE because I don't use it. I think it is in tools, options, somewhere in there, privacy or content or something like that.

Edited by thrillhouse, 06 November 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#6 doo

doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

I think its the privacy settings.Medium is what its been set on for awhile.It -blocks 3rd party cookies that don't have a compact privacy policy-blocks 3rd party cookies that save information that can be used to contact you without your explicit consent-restricts 1st party cookies that save information that can be used to contact you without your implicit consent.I have no idea how the other wireless computers are set.One uses IE the other mozilla

#7 doo

doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

let me know if i need to post a hijackthis log. i have the program
Also tried setting the privacy setting to Low which excepts all cookies but still have the same problem

Edited by doo, 06 November 2010 - 08:15 PM.

#8 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

maybe its an ssl problem.
go to start, run, and type in
services.msc
and see if HTTPFilter is started. If it is not, start it and try.

#9 doo

doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

The HTTPFilter was not started.It was set to manual. I restarted it but still had the same problem.ALso restarted the computer and checked to see if HTTP was still on and it wasn't, so I restarted it again.Still same results. I set it to automatic this time and will restart the computer again.

#10 doo

doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

Restarted the computer and Http was on but still the same problem. The only two sites I can't seem to log on to are facebook and my yahoo account.So far I've been able to log off and on here at bleepingcomputer.
Actually there are a few more sites I can't log in to.And still others I can.

I've scanned with AVG,Malwarebytes,Spybot,And superantispyware to see if there was anything causing it, but found nothing.

Edited by doo, 07 November 2010 - 12:27 AM.

#11 doo

doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:46 AM

still can't log in to email, facebook.Why would it work one minute and not a few minutes later.nothing was changed as far as settings.could i have been hacked.i really need to fix this, i'm losing business.

#12 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

give this a whirl: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813444

#13 doo

doo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

I'll give it a try. FYI, I did a web search last night and it seems others have been having similiar problems with logging in.But thanks so far for your help.I don't mean to sound so impatient.I'll try this suggestion and let you know.

#14 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

not a problem at all, you don't need to apologize. I completely understand your frustration. I was sidelined for a month when HP denied my warranty and it hurt my livelihood too. Keep working on it, we will fix it!

#15 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

Can you try deleting your cookies? There is a way to do it in any browser but there are free programs for it too like http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe

TLC is easy to use and will get rid of a lot of garbage files, browser cache, cookies, and then you can go to yahoo mail or whatever you can relogin.

For your email, have you considered forwarding to gmail or hotmail or gmx or some other free email and see if you can log into there. Not ideal but at least it gets business back in gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users