Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WebPage CSS & HTML

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tafoya

Tafoya

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

I downloaded a template for my homepage off the internet and I uploaded it to my root and got it working, but when I go to edit the template through HTML edit it shows me actually only HTML not the whole template like it does when I edit my other site. The only thing I can tell that is different is that the CSS and HTML are in different folders within the folder template. How do I put them together? Or what else could be the problem?

Edited by Tafoya, 06 November 2010 - 05:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

What do you mean "not the whole template?" Do you mean HTML and CSS combined, or something else?

#3 Tafoya

Tafoya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

I Found the problem out sorry but, I do have another question. I have been trying to find a home template like bleepingcomputers, where it looks like tiny portal or simple portal from smf, does anyone know where I can find one of those but as a template.

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:55 PM

Forum portals will work off of the forum's theme. Since you mentioned SMF, I'll assume you have SMF installed. The first step would be to head over to the official site: http://www.simplemachines.org/ find a template you like, and download any portal customizing you want/like. Upload/install these and go from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users