Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ABNINF

ABNINF

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

I'm the broker for a small real estate company and I work as the manager for a Municipal Utility District (MUD). Being in such a small office I do all the 'IT' work for our office using information I find online like ... the Bleeping Computer! This has been a great site for information and while I've used this site for a long time this is the first time I've actually had to register and post a problem. I think that speaks highly of the folks who make this all happen and it is appreciated.

Now that I'm a registered member I guess I'll look around in some of the forums I've never had time to mess with.

KC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 ABNINF

ABNINF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.

Thanks Budapest. I'm starting to get familiar with the boards. I post on a few other boards but this one is a little different. I just figured out how to find where my posts are!

Is there, by chance, a button one can 'click' to find only threads I've posted on that have been replied to?

Thanks again!

KC

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

To find your topics click on your name at the top right of the page and in the drop-down menu select "My Content".
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 ABNINF

ABNINF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

To find your topics click on your name at the top right of the page and in the drop-down menu select "My Content".

Got it! Thanks!!

Liking it here more everyday. Now if I can get my machine fixed and a slot opens so I can be of some help ....

KC

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

Based on our current backlog I expect you will receive a reply to your malware topic in about 3 days.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 ABNINF

ABNINF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:07 AM

Based on our current backlog I expect you will receive a reply to your malware topic in about 3 days.

Yeah, I've been watching the dates that stuff gets replied to and it looks like most are running between 6 - 9 days. I know the MRT folks have GOT to be busy. They are appreciated though.

KC

#8 ABNINF

ABNINF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:11 AM

Oh, and the slot I was referring to was for the MRT training. I would LOVE to be able to help some folks get some of this crap off their machine. This stuff has been irritating the hell out of me for a long time and if I can be of any service to others trying to help them stop this stuff all the better!

KC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users