Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop Beeps Before Startup And Sometimes Doesnt Start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AverageHero

AverageHero

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

I have A Sony Vaio Laptop model#pcg-9b2l I have recently encountered a startup problem. WHen I turn on my computer it just beeps at me (LOng beep then 2 short) and sometimes doesnt come on, so I have to turn it off and reboot after doing this several times it eventually decides to come on. I had this problem awhile back and I tried to do a full system restore with the discs I recieved when I bought the computer but appearantly there was a problem with my discs and it crashed my whole computer(when I turned it on I only got the dreaded blue screen of death) any ways a friend of mine reinstalled windows for me and it has been working fine until recently any suggestions? What do these beeps mean how can i fix it?

Edited by AverageHero, 24 November 2005 - 12:54 PM.

Average Hero

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donzo44

donzo44

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:03 PM

Hi

Think your laptop has AMI BIOS in which case:

http://www.techadvice.com/tech/B/BeepCode.htm