Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs keep crashing....

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Nura7

Nura7

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

Now,it has been a month already,I meant with that problem.First,I want to excuse myself before people come and kinda scold me for...not specifying my problem,have an awful English skills and most of all .... not having a knowledge with Windows stuff..Right,I know it.Please that machine is driving me insane,so right to the main topic.

I run Windows XP Professional,Version 2002,SP3,Intel®,Celeron® CPU 2.79GHz,448 MB of RAM.
Half month ago,I updated Adobe Flash Player,Java and Adobe Reader,I think.Good,I would say,but suddenly my browsers (Firefox,Google Chrome) started crashing.Well,yes,I googled that problem and read a lot of problem solving things-None of them helped.I tried to re-install Adobe Flash Player-didn't help,then changed it back to an older version,but to watch youtube vids and such I had to update the plug-in,which actually caused updating to the older version with the new one.Fine,I said....
But then other programs started crashing.I decided to check my system for a virus.I had used NOD32,Avira,Avast...As I read if you can't open "Task Manager" you probably have a virus-but even back then as now-I can open it.
However,I got annoyed with not being able to fix the things and since I've decided to re-install my computer long before the problem appeared,I did it. <_<

Now..the problem is bigger? ... My computer keeps crashing.Not only the browsers,but many other programs.Usually the error is related with "appcompat.txt".One more thing,the computer is supposed to show the blue screen of death when one disables the auto restarting...yes,but instead of blue screen I get:black screen with something blurry in color-blue,here and there.Like I have splattered the black screen with blue paint...Sorry for my stupid explanation.

No idea what else to give as an information,I might have as well skipped something but that's because I don't know when that "weird screen of death" would appear.....

Would be nice..If someone decides to help me.Thank you.

Edited by Nura7, 06 November 2010 - 10:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

Let's try this.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

Are you running both Avira and Avast at the same time? If you are running to anti virus programs this can cause conflicts.

Is this a custom built computer, or a retail computer? If it is a retail computer, please post the make and model of it.

Edited by dc3, 06 November 2010 - 10:41 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Nura7

Nura7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

Mhm...I am either...stupid or..very stupid...

First
@dc3: No,I am not running them both at the same time.Before I re-installed my Windows, ' had Avira,I scanned the system with it-no virus was founded. Then I uninstalled it and installed NOD32..-no virus was found.Then..I uninstalled it and tried with Avast-the same,no virus.I am with Avast now,though.

@hamluis:
.....Okay,I did what you told me,but does it do the scan automatically?If it does... Here what I get after double-clicking on the file:
Nothing?

<_< <_< Damn.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

No problem if the scan comes up empty...no ninidump files means (IMO) no BSODs :).

Louis

#6 Nura7

Nura7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

Cool? >_> Then...why everything keeps crashing?Even when I play a movie(doing nothing else)-the player crashes,when I listens to music-the player crashes,browsers too...what else,hm...Ah,right.A few days ago,Adobe Photoshop CS2 crashed...

Just have no idea what's wrong >_>
Oh,well.I really don't think re-installing Windows again would solve the problem.

Anyway,thank you Louis. (=

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

It would help if you were to tell us what the make and model of the computer is.

One of the possibilities is that there is a problem with the hdd. If you know the make and model of it you can go to the manufacturer's web site and download and run their diagnostic tool to determine the state of your hdd.

When you reinstalled the operating system, was this a fresh installation? Meaning did you reformat and partition the hdd before installing the operating system?

Did you install the drivers after installing the operating system?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Nura7

Nura7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

Now...what the hell >_>

@dc3:
Yes,yes and yes.I have installed drivers,I did that-yes...

My computer went all weird again and I decided to run the program Louis gave me. So here is the content:

==================================================
Dump File : Mini110610-01.dmp
Crash Time : 06.11.2010 г. 20:33:03
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x10000050
Parameter 1 : 0xefa9f9f4
Parameter 2 : 0x00000000
Parameter 3 : 0x80544aec
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : win32k.sys
Caused By Address : win32k.sys+19aac
File Description : Multi-User Win32 Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 5.1.2600.6033 (xpsp_sp3_qfe.100831-1640)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini110610-01.dmp
Processors Count : 1
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600
==================================================

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

I run Windows XP Professional,Version 2002,SP3,Intel®,Celeron® CPU 2.79GHz,448 MB of RAM.

You need more memory for WIndows XP to run efficiently enough. 448 Megs of RAM is far from what I recommend for your computer.

#10 Nura7

Nura7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

Nice,so that's the problem or your opinion? :blink: (I know that,by the way xD )

#11 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

When a system starts to run into the paging file you will get instability issues. When you run out of paging space you will experience blue screens.

#12 Nura7

Nura7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

Okay.Got it.Then how I managed with that memory to get this far like all those 4 years?I never had problem...till now..I guess I shall get more memory...

#13 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Id recommend at least another 1Gig to 1.5Gig.

You have to take into consideration Software and System Requirements can change on the fly with no notification from the companies who make the software you use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users