Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Just Got A Cd Burner For My Wife And No Nothing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charlie 173d

Charlie 173d

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:27 AM

I just had a Pinnacle cd burner installed and don't no how to transfer the pics from E-mail etc. When I hit burn cd it says to remove write protecton I am what you would call a geek on a computer and can hardly turn it on without messing up so don't laugh any help would be thankfull thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:11 PM

They should have installed some sort of cd burning software with the new drive. But if not and you have windows xp you should still should be able to burn files on a cd without too much difficulty.

If you are wanting to burn files that came as an e-mail attachment I would save them to the hard drive and then copy them to the cd burner.

You can right click on the unopened image and select properties. There is an option for read only, this is often checked if an image has been burned to a cd at some point in its life. Try unclicking this box and see if that helps.

If you still have problems with "write protection," the images may have some form of copy protection on them. Check with whoever sent you the images.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users