Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Identification

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 miguelsz2

miguelsz2

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

Alrighty im already on the alert and fixing my moms computer from a virus but im not a hundred percent sure which it is though. I pretty sure it's in the "security tool" family but the logo shield looks different kinda multi-color, orange. Anywho it seems to stop programs from running saying some crap about "Filename.exe" is infected would you like to run anti-virus software.....Anywho I've booted in safe mood with networking. Though I think it's still running as I cant to the connect to the internet, it's just keeps on loading =-= anywho Im using my pc to try to figure out what the virus is....Though im sure some other crap has infected her pc aswell.

Curenntly im using (free) malwarebytes to fix spyware and malware..... Then Im planning to use superantispyware to remove other junk.... I've got a wierd error from commodo freeware firewall. It said something about Ie-explorer trying to run but it's parent program is trying to connect to it (pqfaerwtsbl.exe).....

Not sure what pqfaewtsbl.exe is cant find anything on it...Ofcoarse im used to using Vista basic so what do I know >.>

Her pc's operating system is XP Sp3

Edited by hamluis, 06 November 2010 - 07:33 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users