Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail will not Compose from my computer?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 samak

samak

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

Cannot Compose mail with Gmail on my computer- ROOTKIT?
I cannot send any mail with GMAIL on my computer, this just happened a few days ago. I can send gmail from any other computer, but it will not send from my computer. If I click "compose mail", it just says "loading" and never finishes loading. Could there be a rootkit virus on my computer? I ran a full kaspersky scan after updating and no viruses were found. I also ran a rootkit remover from kaspersky: http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684

That also did not find any rootkits on my computer. So what could be the reason for this problem in gmail? Do I need to try a different rootkit scanner?
I have done full scans with malwarebytes and superantispyware and nothing was found.
The problem:
unable to send email with GMAIL from my computer

Details of problem:

-upon clicking "compose mail", gmail just says "loading" and never stops "loading", nothing happens with it. I cannot send nor reply to email with gmail on this computer.

Relevant INFO:

-This problem is only for one computer, other computers in the house do not have this problem
-Just recently happened a few days ago
-I have a fast internet connection
-I have not added any addons
-I am using mozilla firefox, however, the same problem occurs with opera
-This just happened suddenly, no new software was installed. No hardware was added.
-Interestingly, yesterday, I was not able to access mail.yahoo.com or google.com from this same computer; the browser gave some type of error, i forgot what it said, but now that problem just went away, it lasted for maybe 12 hours.

I have gotten a hijackthis.log and found several items stating "unknown owner" and "file missing". These files seem to be important windows files, for example, here is are some lines pasted below:
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)

Should I paste the entire hijackthis log?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samak

samak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Its finally working now. I had to uninstall firefox, and also delete the firefox folders. After reinstalling firefox it started working again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users