Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No audio

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 walter1911

walter1911

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

can someone please help me by telling my why I have no sound. I had sound once before and it stopped after I got a computer virus. But my virus is gone thanks to Gringo. But I have not volume.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hi,

Glad Gringo was able to help you remove the virus; we need more details please, such as, What operating system are you running and what are your computer Specs.? :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

Welcome to bc. Gringo is awesome, he fixed me too.

When you go onto your sound settings, can you change them or are they greyed out?

#4 walter1911

walter1911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

Hey their my sound is all greyed out. I cannot get any sound or do any adjustment. Please let me know what I should do next

#5 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

What operating system do you have?

#6 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

Hello walter1911,

So you can't get any audio eh?

Please answer these questions so the correct solution can be provided...

What operating system are you using?

What kind of sound card do you have? Don't know what your make and model is? You can take the following steps to find out!

Windows XP
  • Click Start
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System
  • Click Open Device Manager

Windows Vista/7
  • Click Start
  • Type into the search field: Device Manager
  • Hit ENTER

You should now be in the device manager window! Here, you can see all the device connected to your computer. Browse the list and try to find something along the lines of Sound/Audio/Sound, Video & Game Controllers. Expand this category by clicking on the arrow or plus sign next to it. Your audio device should be in here. If I had to guess, it's probably either a realtek, conexant or sigmatel audio device. Post back what kind of device it is and I'll help you fix your problem.

NOTE: If you can't find the device in one of the categories mentioned above. Look in other devices. Also, please make a note if there is a yellow question mark next to your audio device. Go ahead and post anything else that has a yellow question mark next to it and we'll straighten that out too. :D
for3ver,
goose90proof

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users