Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor Trojan

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 schnell

schnell

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:26 AM

Hi from Australia guys:
Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. I am new to all this so please be patient with this newbie. :thumbsup: My sone runs anOlympus MRobe 100 mp3 player which uses m:trip software to interface with our pc. Yesterday I had a warning from Nortan Av 2005 that the file c:\windows\system32\mrobeservice.exe was infected with the backdoor troja. I followed NAV's online instructions and used safe mode to delete the file. As a result the mrobe device will now no longer "talk" to the pc and the "sync" button which allows the exchange between deive and pc is greyed out and ineffective. I uninstalled the mrobe software and then reinstalled. Still same problem. Which would seem to suggest that the exe file is not loaded by the mrobe installer but is present in Windows XP SP2 Home Edition. Thing is I checked my backups both in partitioned d: drive restore environment AND in my Maxtor One Touch backup and the file aint there. Please help. Don't know what to do next :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users