Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

outlook inbox size exceeded

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gib65

gib65

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to help out a coworker increase the size of his inbox. He's getting messages saying that his inbox quota has been exceeded and that he needs to delete some emails. Deleting emails, however, is not an option in his particular case (at least, things get very complicated and I don't think it would be helpful to get into that right now). I've heard there is a way to set the inbox size to whatever you want (or at least to increase it up to a maximum size), but I'm not sure how to do that. If anyone knows how to do this, I would be very greatful if they could tell me how.

He's working with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP (actually it's Windows XP mode running on Windows 7 if that's important).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

The maximum inbox size in Outlook 2003 is 20 gig.
Thats a LOT of stuff!

Why not just group them into separate folders somehow?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 gib65

gib65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

The maximum inbox size in Outlook 2003 is 20 gig.
Thats a LOT of stuff!

He only has 2G of mail in total. Why would it be saying he's exceeded his quota. The HD is 350G and he's no where near that in terms of total data. Is there nowhere to go in and check/change Outlook's inbox quota?

Why not just group them into separate folders somehow?

I'll try that and get back to you.

#4 gib65

gib65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

Actually, it was a false alarm. His inbox use to get messaging saying it was full, but the latest message (which prompted me to post this) is actually saying that the attachment he was suppose to receive was too big.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users