Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:30 AM
Thanks in advance to anyone with words of wisdom.
The short story.
- An MSI P6NGM-L motherboard had an existing mirrored bootable array consisting of 2 320GB SATA drives.
- The array was set up as 2 x 160GB partitions.
- One drive crapped out. Drive was physically removed from the box and will not spin up.
- Remaing drive continued to boot with notification of degraded array.
- Installed new 320GB identical drive in box.
- Went into F10 RAID config, and config program asked if I wanted to remove MBR. I accidently chose YES.
- Now drive is seen as 320GB unallocated space.
- Tried booting to Recovery Console of XP CD to try FIXMBR and FIXBOOT, but Recovery Console does not see a Windows installation.
I don't want to try anything else without getting expert advice.
Thanks for your time.