Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd R/w Software Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:43 AM

Hi all, I just purchased a NEC 3550A DVD R/W, and it looks like there isn't any software coming with it, a friend has suggested that I purchase Nero suite 6 and download the update for it, and download DVD Shrink. Is this a good option? What would you suggest?

OS W2k Pro
192MB RAM (I heard that! It's a slot A motherboard...rebuilding in the spring.)
200GB HDD

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:58 AM

Freeware CD Burners:

CD BurnerXP

Silent Night CD - on the site is says UDF support is coming soon.

Deepburner

Small CD Writer

Nero is probably the best burner, but you may be able to do all you need with the above and DVD Shrink. If it was me I'd try the free software first and if you find that you need functions only Nero can provide then buy the software.

Edited by stidyup, 24 November 2005 - 09:04 AM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the reply stidyup, and Happy Thanksgiving. The Nero suite 6 is only $1.99, I would rather pay that and the postage rather than download any more than is absolutely needed on my snailophone line.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:11 AM

Well at $1.99 you can't go wrong :thumbsup:

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:28 AM

I just found out why it was only two dollars, the 7.0 version is now available, oh well...there is an update for the 6.0 .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users