Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tried to run combofix as I have before...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 entlvr35

entlvr35

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:05 AM

it says my hard drive is too full~low disk space but I can't take off any of these programs! I loaded combofix but it gave me an error message, not an administrator when I'm the only one using my pc, then it loaded the program but wouldn't finish (smerga or something = unknown command) I'm going to pull an "Office Space" hammer out of the closet to FIX it in a minute!!! HELP, please!

Clueless Techie Newb!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:04 AM

Hi entlvr35, and welcome to bleepingComputer,

Why were you trying to use Combofix?

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

It would help if you would post the make and model of this computer.

There are a couple of things that you can do. One would be to put some of the data that you don't use on a regular basis on removable media, like CDs or DVDs. The most practical one would be to purchase a second hdd.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

Clearing out the system restore points can recover a considerable amount of disk space

Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools and click Disk Cleanup.
Click OK.
From the Disk Cleanup dialog box, click the More Options tab.
Click Yes to confirm your actions.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 entlvr35

entlvr35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:03 PM

says Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 3 registered to~do You need that?~then computer Intel® Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz, 0.99GB of RAM is that what You mean?! Like I said, I can't read the forums because it's like stereo instructions or trying to set the timer on the errr VCR now DVD player *sigh* this is WHY I have 3 computer geek sons and kept the ex around for 20+years!!!! lol

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

says Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 3 registered to~do You need that?~then computer Intel® Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz, 0.99GB of RAM is that what You mean?!

You still didn't post the make and model of this computer. :whistle:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 entlvr35

entlvr35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

:crazy: aw HELL~SEE?!!! okay let me put back in that amoeba I was playing with when it fell outta my errr brain pan!@-@

Would that be the sticker on the side which says Dell 077570 and is it an Optiplex GX280? Sorry I think my negative brain cell shorted out the positive one!!! HEY~at least I know it's plugged in!!! AND another plus on my behalf, I didn't use the disk drive for a cup holder!!! *wEg*

#7 entlvr35

entlvr35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

Clearing out the system restore points can recover a considerable amount of disk space

Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools and click Disk Cleanup.
Click OK.
From the Disk Cleanup dialog box, click the More Options tab.
Click Yes to confirm your actions.

Also I did this but the programs taking up all the space "hide" or I can't even get rid of them with remove programs and specifically targeting them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users