Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse help PLEASE!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mishdog

mishdog

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:00 AM

HI!

So I bought a Microsoft mouse. The website I bought it off had two of the same mouse which looked identical, had the same name except was 'V 2' and this one was also double the price.

Failing to see any difference between them, I bought the cheaper one.

Then it arrived and I noticed its not compatible with W7.

Oops.

So I found a W7 update on Microsoft's website and installed it.

The mouse now works but drops connection a lot of the time and I have to play about for a while and click the buttons on both the mouse/USB to get it working again.

so my question is... could the fact this mouse wasn't designed with W7 in mind be the reason it is losing connection? Ie the W7 update isn't working correctly with the mouse. Like I said it works most the time but something is definately wrong.

So cant decide whether to try blag a refund or not - surely they will refuse if I say I'm trying to use it on W7 so I wont say that (got no box tho!).

Oh and its close to the USB in case you thought it was out of range.

REALLY appreciate help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

A driver issue could be the cause.

but first...What make an model computer do you have, and what model mouse did you buy?

Alos, provide a link to where you got the driver.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users