Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirect virus (Maybe worse?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve772

Steve772

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:44 AM

After visiting what should of been a normal website (I believe it may even of been the XNA creators club website) I got a pop up from AVG saying it had found a trojan and dealt with it. Silly me I thought that was the end of it. The next day I'm getting what looks like the google redirect virus. AVG, adaware and spybot all find nothing wrong with my system so I start hunting online for a fix. I found this website and started working through this topic before I posted here. I ran defogger with no issues and turned off any emulators, and then went on to download DDS. Mid way through DDS was running, my PC decided to throw up a BSOD and restart, so there are no logs from DDS. I then went onto GMER. Half way through the first run the program went non responsive and I had to restart it. Mid way through the second run, it threw up another BSOD. I have a partial log from GMER (attached), though I don't know if it will be of any use.

To me this sounds worse than just the google redirect virus, however I have yet to see any other issues with my PC except the original trojan. Think I may have to reformat, but figure I would come here first for a last ditch try at fixing my PC! Am running Vista.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ark.txt   1.08KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hello Steve772

Welcome to BleepingComputer :)
==========================
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on OTL to run it.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
====================
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users