Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Up issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 laka1

laka1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

I have a Toshiba Laptop.
Recently, i turn it on and all i get is black screen. No cursor, nothing. As if the screen is dead.
The lights are on and i can hear the fan but that's it. I have to remove the power and the battery for 1 minute
replug the computer and it then starts fine.
What is going on?

LAKA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dellta

dellta

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

Hi try using system restore or back up under action centre if using Win7. Other options might include using checkdisk by typing chkdsk in search programs and files box and hit enter or enter safe mode by tapping F8 or F10 key almost immediately after booting/powering up or splash screen just appears to enter safe mode to see repair options or reinstal Windows disc for repair options. Plenty of choices ! I cant tell you why it happens and if this doesnt help see my post under Dell 580S shutdown and start up problems! I have similar issue to resolve. cheers dellta

Edited by dellta, 05 November 2010 - 07:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users