Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe flash player keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dibbee

dibbee

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

I wanted to watch the OSU-Minnesota game last week on ESPN3. I have a new acer laptop with Windows 7 on it, an Intel i3 processor, 4 gb of ram and a 320 gb hard drive. I turned on the game and I would successfully begin watching it on Mozilla Firefox but in less than a minute, it crashed. A message appeared on the screen which stated adobe flash has crashed. Also the actual picture stopped moving for a few seconds and then would resume. I tried this over and over through the evening but to no avail. I even downloaded Minefield and Google chrome but experienced the same problem each time I tried to view the game. I have Adobe 10.1 flash installed and a new Square version for 64 bit computers. I have Shockwave too. I believe I have the latest of everything. So will I ever be able to watch espn3 without the constant interruptions of audio and video again? I appreciate any help I can get.

Edited by dibbee, 04 November 2010 - 08:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

Being that this is a laptop, I only think it appropriate that I try to determine if you are using the Wireless internet connection. If you are, you might try with a hardwired connection and see if it helps as wireless connections have been known to have issues with streaming video.

#3 dibbee

dibbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:35 AM

I actually am using a hardwired connection but we do have wireless in the house for another computer. I have Verizon dsl internet connection.

Edited by dibbee, 05 November 2010 - 11:49 AM.

#4 dellta

dellta

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

Hi if you are using 64 bit Win7, Flash hasnt got their act together with 64 bit Win7. Flash SQUARE is a BETA!!! Maybe try using running Internet Explorer or Mozilla in 32 bit and use Tools - Compatability view settings or use Troubleshooting - Programs in control panel. Win7 has both 64 and 32 bit Program files. Hope this helps cheers dellta

Edited by dellta, 05 November 2010 - 12:04 PM.

#5 dibbee

dibbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Nothing that I try is helping me to solve this problem on my new Acer laptop. I bought it in April and I have Firefox 3.6.12 installed on it. I downloaded a new adobe flash program and changed some setting like uncheck accelerate hardware as I read somewhere but nothing helps. Espn3 crashed no matter what browser I use a few minutes after a sports event starts. Also there is lots of lagging or stopping of the whole picture as I watch it. My computer is on Windows 7 with 4 gb of ram and a 320 gb of hard drive. I am on Verizon dsl with wireless but I am fully wired in on this computer. I hope someone has some ideas to help me solve this annoying problem.

#6 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

You could try increasing the Paging file size to 8190 MB to give a bigger buffer. If you have an ATI video board, you should open the CCC / Advanced settings / Overdrive and increase the clock rate by 25 MHz to keep it from lowering too much during low video load conditions.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:09 AM

You could try increasing the Paging file size to 8190 MB to give a bigger buffer.

It is best to let Windows manage the virtual memory and paging file on its own. The reason Flash could be crashing is due to a corrupt installation, and not buffers.

#8 matthew lugg

matthew lugg

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

tha t happend with me. i just waited for about 10 mins, and it was working again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users