Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certficate Error Navigation Blocked

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jay0555

jay0555

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

I have a windows XP sp3 machine with IE 8 fresh install on it. I am trying to access https://coventryoneagent.com. I can do it from 1 of the computers in my network, but not the rest.
I get this message "There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.
"

I click on continue anyway and then I get
-------
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

-------

I have checked my clock date/time. I have cleared my ssl state. I have checked and checked most every box under internet options advance security. I Have also flushed the dns, checked a few group policies. I have also got the same results with chrome and firefox. I have also uninstalled my antivirus and spybot. I also ran a malware bytes scan, but found nothing.

Any help, guidance, assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jay0555

I also tried adding the www infront of it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hit Continue to this Website.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

Instead visit https://www.coventryoneagent.com, that's the domain certificate was issued for.

Edited by Romeo29, 04 November 2010 - 06:43 PM.

#4 jay0555

jay0555
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:53 AM

thank you for your replies. Yes, when I press "continue to this site", I get the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

I have also tried visiting https://www.coventryoneagent.com also with the same results.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

Then your computer is not updated through windows updates. You have issues with your Root Certificates and that is provided via Windows Updates. Please update your windows software and everything else.

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

You can download roots certificates update and install them on your computer and check the site again. You can also try using another browser like Firefox (it has its own root certificates).

#7 jay0555

jay0555
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

I clicked on the link and choose to "run" the application. The cursor went busy for a few seconds and that was it? Should anything have popped up to install? I did try firefox and chrome they both returned the same results as IE8.

#8 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

Yes root certificate installation for IE is done in that way.
I checked that site again and found certificate error for first 5-6 tries and it started to work later. I think that the SSL certificate installation is not configured properly on that web site's server. A check of SSL certificate for that web site indicates that the admin of that site perhaps needs to install an intermediate CA.

Edited by Romeo29, 05 November 2010 - 09:34 PM.

#9 jay0555

jay0555
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:59 AM

hmmm, I was afraid of that. I ran windows updates also and still the same error. I'm going to try to get in touch with the tech support on their end again, but I doubt I will be able to talk with someone from the development team to get this resoloved. Thank you all and I will give another update when I have one.

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

If you receive any errors with Windows Updates then you might be infected, and you should post in the AII Forum. If the issue is not happening to everyone then the issue isn't with the site its with your computer.

#11 jay0555

jay0555
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

I did not receive any errors with windows updates. I was able to connect via telnet in a dos command, so I believe it is something in windows/IE that is blocking it. I have 5 computers with this error and 1 without all in the same network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users