Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Security recommendations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daishi84

Daishi84

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Windows 7 and I'm trying to find out which types of security software I should have on my computer. I currently have windows security essentials but I've also hear combofix is a good thing to have as well. Are there any compatability issues between the two?

I am not very tech savvy so any good input is appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

Please read here Regarding ComboFix

#3 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Windows Security Essentials is quite adequate. In addition, running two security AV/AS programs is a bad idea as they can interfere with each other. There are many bogus, fraudulent, and useless security programs on the market today. Save your money and stick with the Security Essentials. It works.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Windows Security Essentials is quite adequate. In addition, running two security AV/AS programs is a bad idea as they can interfere with each other. There are many bogus, fraudulent, and useless security programs on the market today. Save your money and stick with the Security Essentials. It works.

Just to clarify its Microsoft Security Essentials: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users