Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WGA Giving me Real Troubles!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TomUK

TomUK

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

Hello Guys and Girls, i will start off by saying i am pretty Windows friendly, i have studied computing for a few years and such understand most technical terms so dont worry about those.

My problem is really simple, Roughly 2 months ago i got an alert when i booted up my computer, it was a Windows Genuine Activation alert, saying my copy of windows was not valid (it is, bought from PC World). I stupidly clicked to do the check to find out if it was genuine without thinking.

Now, i have noticed some of my files contain Backdoor.IRCBot, which is totally related to these WGA alerts, problem is, ive used every Anti Virus known to man; and i cannot remove the source of this problem.

I have come here today in the hope that somebody can tell me how i can get rid of this problem; hopefully without having to redo my pc from scratch, it would take me days to get everything in order; and weeks to download my steam games again.

Please Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

Did your scans provide a specific file name associated with the malware threat(s) detection and if so, where is it located (full file path) at on your system?

Please post the complete results of your MBAM scan for review.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan log information, launch MBAM.
  • Click the Logs Tab at the top.
  • The log will be named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-date(time).txt
    -- If you have previously used MBAM, there may be several logs showing in the list.
  • Click on the log name to highlight it.
  • Go to the bottom and click on Open.
  • The log should automatically open in notepad as a text file.
  • Go to Edit and choose Select all.
  • Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose Copy from there.
  • Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Logs are saved to the following locations:
-- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
-- Vista, Windows 7, 2008: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Please download Norman Malware Cleaner and save to your desktop.
alternate download link
Note: If you previously used Norman, delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!
  • Be sure to read all the information Norman provides on that same page.
  • Double-click on Norman_Malware_Cleaner.exe to start. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    The tool is very slow to load as it uses a special driver. This is normal so please be patient.
  • Read the End User License Agreement and click the Accept button to open the scanning window.
  • Click Start Scan to begin.
  • In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection. If prompted, reboot to ensure that all infections are removed.
  • After the scan has finished, a log file a log file named NFix_date_time (i.e. NFix_2009-06-22_07-08-56.log) will be created on your desktop with the results.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
-- Note: If you need to scan usb flash drives and/or other removable drives, use the Add button to browse to the drives location, click on the drive to highlight and choose Ok.

Please perform a scan with Eset Online Anti-virus Scanner.
  • This scan requires Internet Explorer to work. If using a different browser, you will be given the option to download and use the ESET Smart Installer.
  • Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.
  • Click the green Posted Image button.
  • Read the End User License Agreement and check the box:
  • Check Posted Image.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications. (If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
  • Click the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
  • If offered the option to get information or buy software at any point, just close the window.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt.
  • Push the Posted Image button, then Finish.
  • Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply.
Note: A log.txt file will also be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
If you did not save the ESETScan log, click Posted Image > Run..., then type or copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Open dialogue box:

C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • Click Ok and the scan results will open in Notepad.
  • Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
-- Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users