Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove "Attention! Your web page request has been cancelled"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 raiden1701

raiden1701

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

I have tried everything to get rid of this browser hijacker. It started as the virus "Antivirus 8" and I cleaned that up. But it left the hijacker in it's place. I've tried Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, HiJackThis, Spybot, CCleaner (all fully updated) and a few other things I can't remember. I tried manual removal through deleting files and registry items. I did all these things in Safe Mode and regular mode.

The computer is:

Sony Viao
P4 3GHz
1GB RAM
Microsoft XP Home SP3
Fully updated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:39 PM

Hello as I would have no idea what you may have removed with HJT or others. we will need a deeper look.
IMPORTANT NOTE: HijackThis is an advanced enumerator (similar in some respects to a registry editor) that is used to display certain areas of the Windows registry where the majority of malware reside. HijackThis will scan these areas of your system and then create a log to help diagnose the presence of undetected malware in known hiding places. However, since HijackThis only scans certain areas of your system/registry, a log may not always show all the malware on your system and other investigative tools need to be used. Most of the log entries are required to run a computer and removing essential ones can potentially cause serious damage such as loss of Internet connectivity or problems with your operating system which could preventing it from starting. Using HijackThis requires advanced knowledge about the Windows Operating System and relies on trained experts to interpret the log entries and investigate them in order to determine what needs to be fixed.

And just because you "fixed" something with HijackThis, that does not mean you have a clean system. There are specific files and folders which must be deleted afterwards. HijackThis does not delete them. Futher, removing entries in HijackThis before the problem is properly identified can make the malware undetectable to other detection and removal tools. Full system scanning tools like SUPERAntispywre, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Spybot S&D and SpySweeper will remove the registry entries as well as the related files which results in a more complete removal process. HijackThis this should only be used to clean up the entries left behind, after you have properly removed the malware.

Since HijackThis is a powerful tool that requires advanced knowledge about the Operating System and can cause system damage if incorrect instructions are given, only designated trained experts are allowed to help people with using HijackThis. If you do not have advanced knowledge about computers or training in the use of this tool, you should NOT fix anything using HijackThis without consulting a expert as to what to fix.

Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 raiden1701

raiden1701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

I didn't touch anything in HiJackThis. How do I upload attachments on this site? I have a bunch of logs to post.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

Ok, I just get nervous... the attach function is available here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs not in this forum.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 raiden1701

raiden1701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:47 AM

I just ended up formatting.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Not alawys a bad choice. Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users