Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icon Notification Window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RScarbrough66

RScarbrough66

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

The Icon Notification Window opens when I the 'Show hidden Icons' button is pushed. But when the mouse pointer is moved towards the window it closes. I have found that if I hold down the left mouse button when I move the pointer the window will stay open (kind of a funky work around!). However, I have also found that popup time frames in the Outlook schedule and calendars Quicken react similarly. i.e., they close before a xelection can be made or when you attempt to move the slide bar. I have also noted (particularly in RoboForm) that when the right click window opens it is simply a grey outlined box and you need to 'slide' the mouse pointer down the window to reveal the contents, have noticed similar results in other programs but can't recall (but do know it happens in the Office 2003 Suite).

My apologies if this question has been asked and resolved previously but over the past hour I have tried innumerable words and phases without success.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

It happens to me, and sometimes you just gotta be faster then the window can close. I don't know what causes it to do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users