Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear Modem Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joe_49er

joe_49er

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

i have this kind of problem with my netgear modem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

You appended your post...to a topic that is over 2 years old...and you haven't provided any significant description of what your situation might be.

Please...provide some significant detail so that someone can intelligently try to assist you.

If you have any doubts about the type of info that may be pertinent, take a look at Before You Post About Problem - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic18366.html .

Louis

#3 joe_49er

joe_49er
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

I have a netgear adsl2+ modem DM111PSUP. Recently, i have problem opening some webpage and site, some page could not load properly. I tried with another modem and everything works fine. So, i guess its due to the modem. I tried to upgrade the firmware but could find any model bearing the no DM111PSUP in the netgear website. Kindly help

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

That should be...DM111PUSP.

<<I tried with another modem and everything works fine.>>

Are you saying that you changed to a different modem/router...and can connect your system with no problems?

If so, I would say that there can only be one conclusion.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 07 November 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#5 joe_49er

joe_49er
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

yes, i tried with another modem i.e. with compex modem and it works fine. I haven't tried my modem (netgear) on another connection, will try. But when i bought this modem, (netgear) everything was fine. this problem occured from 1 or 2 months back. With netgear the internet connection is slow and the internet connection drops repeatedly

Edited by joe_49er, 07 November 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

Well...I would uninstall the drivers for this modem-router...reboot...and then reinstall same.

Your drivers could be damaged.

Louis

#7 joe_49er

joe_49er
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

I don install any driver for this ADSL modem, i just connect it via Cat6 cable.

I tested this modem in another computer with another connection, and the same problem occurred.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users