Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repair Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John Blue

John Blue

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

I get machines that have spyware infections on them, and corrupt internet explorer. Somtimes they will keep from browsing Windows Update, sometimes they will continually pop up other browsers. I have used Ad-Aware, Malware Bytes, AVG, CCleaner to remove the infections, etc. What is it about internet explorer that makes it so hard to reverse what viruses and spyware do? I have reinstalled IE over and over, and still get the same problems. I've done the resetting of the files through the regsvr32 commands. I've gone in and reset the browser. Is there a step or a trick I am missing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

I'm not an expert but based on observation, there could be remnants of the malware still on the computer. The other thing I've noticed is malware will change the proxy settings and that will prevent internet surfing. That's probably the first thing to look at.

#3 John Blue

John Blue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

Very used to the proxy settings being selected. I can get the machine cleaned up, and surfing the net, but it will not allow connections to any of the microsoft update material. I know that there is going to be remnants on the machine, and that's what I'm hoping to find out, what kind of steps am I missing to hunt them down. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users