Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powercolor Radeon 9600xt

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xantalen

Xantalen

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:30 PM

Im thinking about getting the POWERCOLOR RADEON 9600XT 256MB DDR 8XAGP w/ CRT, TVO, & DVI

for Christmas or something and my mom wants to know if I want it. The question is, How high can I run my Bf2 (Battlefield 2) settings? Can you compare it to an nVIDIA card? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Saxif

Saxif

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:17 PM

Just google that model of vid card to check reviews. Sites like http://www.tomshardware.com or http://www.anandtech.com frequently post comparitive reviews of video cards so that you can see how that card stacks up against an Nvidia of a similar price.

As far as performance, your processory, memory, motherboard and also, to some extent, your hard drive are going to affect the degree of detail you can squeeze out of any given game with any given video card. You can't compare two video cards directly unless you set them up with identical test beds, so your results will differ from what other people get unless they have the exact setup you have.

#3 Xantalen

Xantalen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:34 PM

Aww that sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users