Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Action

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1mrsbb

1mrsbb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:18 PM

I am infected with antivirus action and have the removal instructions. Just my luck, the 2nd step is to start in safe mode and I cannot. If I just press the button on the computer to shut it off and reboot, I can get the screen with the options to start in safe mode, but, it is like my keyboard is disabled and I can't highlight safe mode. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

P.S. Please give me instructions in simple terms, I'm new to this! Thanks!

P.S.S I have WINDOWS XP

Edited by 1mrsbb, 03 November 2010 - 11:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:55 AM

my keyboard is disabled and I can't highlight safe mode. Is there a way to fix this?

This is probably due to a combination of 2 factors:
  • You are using a keyboard connected via USB (a small rectangular plug/socket)
  • The computer's BIOS is not configured to recognise USB (USB devices will not work until Windows starts)

Solution: Use a keyboard connected via PS2 (a small round plug/socket with several pins inside ... often marked with a purple color), and plugged into the back of the computer box near the top, alongside the PS2 connection for the mouse. (There is chance, depending on the make/model of your computer that it will not have PS2 socket connections at all.) If you don't have a PS2 keyboard, you may be able to borrow one, or you may have to buy one (but there are usually plenty of old ones laying about the place).

If you continue to experience a problem, please post the make and model of your computer. We may be able to find more explicit instructions.

Remove Antivirus Action (Uninstall Guide)
Posted by Grinler on October 10, 2010
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-action

Edit: :thumbsup: to the BC forums!

Edited by AustrAlien, 04 November 2010 - 12:57 AM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users