Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acronis Back Up Program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SubMariner

SubMariner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

My husband has a HP Pavillion Laptop with Win 7. He recently downloaded Acronis backup software, but despite several installs/uninstalls/installs, cannot get it to function. Every time he tries to run it he gets a runtime error.

He is trying to backup onto a 350GB USB HD, but with no success.

There is no way to get any technical help from Acronis, so he has basically given up on it. Is there anything he can do to get it to work? Or should he be looking at another backup system/program?

Thanks for any advice,

=SubMariner=

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:10 AM

Hi SubMariner

Acronis is not bad but it isn't the only one doing a good job either.
There are plenty of powerful Backup applications out-there and a quick search reveals this

Hope it helps

Regards

micksim
| A+ | Net+ | MCDST | MCITP |

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

#3 SubMariner

SubMariner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hi SubMariner

Acronis is not bad but it isn't the only one doing a good job either.
There are plenty of powerful Backup applications out-there and a quick search reveals this

Hope it helps

Regards

micksim

Thanks for the feedback; I'll pass it along to him.

Anyone else want to chime in on this?

=SubMariner=

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

I still like Cobian Backup 10 a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. Free.

For Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, Windows 7
(works in both 32 and 64 bits Windows)

What's new in Cobian Backup?

This is an older version Tutoria; but still helpful.
How to backup and restore your data using Cobian Backup
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users