Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tidiness Topic temporarily closed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

This topic is to announce that The Tidiness topic is temporarily closed and moved. There will be a change to the process. Stay tuned.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 35,114 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

New procedure in place: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic137145.html/page__view__findpost__p__2002385

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:47 AM

With this new process, is there a way to tell if a post has already been reported?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,483 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

No, there isn't any way to tell if it has already been reported. If you see something that needs to be reported, go ahead and assume that you are the first to report it. Any reports of the same topic will be in the same report, so the moderators will not be inundated with reports.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

Sounds good to me...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

I cannot find the report button anywhere. There should be a tutorial about it.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 35,114 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

This should help:
Posted Image

As for a tutorial there isn't much to say. You click the button and enter the same thing you would in the tidiness topic. Every post has one under the members name, so it is post specific. I just used your post to generate the image for you.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#8 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

Thanks Animal :)
LOL I am drunk or overworked how did I miss it :)

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 35,114 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

Not a problem. You're quite welcome. :thumbup2:

I'm sure you weren't the only one who couldn't find it. Just the one brave enough to say so. :lmao:

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#10 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

The report function doesn't seem to be working. It just seems to load...

So I'll post my request here :inlove:

The user has now opened three topics on the same problem. Could you please merge all their topics into this one here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic360464.html

EDIT: has been dealt with.

Thanks,

Casey

Edited by Casey_boy, 14 November 2010 - 04:06 PM.

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#11 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

How long have you waited for it to load? It takes about 3 min. for me to complete the request but it does complete if you wait. I want my tidiness topic back it is much less prone to issues like this.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#12 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

How long have you waited for it to load? It takes about 3 min. for me to complete the request but it does complete if you wait. I want my tidiness topic back it is much less prone to issues like this.

I think the report does go through - just seems that the confirmation page is very slow to load.

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#13 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

I have used it once, it seems to work. It gets slow when you click on Submit Report button but I think it works.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,483 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

It does seem to be very slow once you report. It takes about a full minute to process. As annoying as it is, the moderators do seem to be quicker on the response using this system. I'm for it, lag time and all.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#15 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:08 AM

I posted in Comments area that I still prefer the older version ,forgot to add , with maybe a minor change -

When you post a report/reply I always add Forum (eg. XP forum) and my view of the item (eg. send to AII) -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users