Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unknown files and popups

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PeterUK

PeterUK

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:00 AM

Found this "M9K8H6A2.vbs" file (and another 8+ similarly named files) in my hidden files on my flash drive in windows explorer and also "MKH" (manufacturer: unknown, command: c:\Windows\M7K7H6A9) in my msconfig>startup list.

Is it dangerous? I ran Internet Security 2011 and did a full system which didnt find anything suspicious. Kapsersky online scanner found "not-a-virus:RiskTool.VBS.VirusProtection.i". Spybot found nothing.

Also i have a popup window problem that happens every time i insert my usb flash drives. The window initially said "Windows - No disk... Error exception..." but now it says "wscript.exe - No disk... There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk1\DR1... cancel...try again...continue..." It is very hard to get rid of this popup window. The only way to close it is by clicking the buttons many times,seemingly at random. It goes away and then it just pops up again within a minute. If i dont insert a usb flash drive into my pc it doesnt popup. If i remove the flash drive from the usb the popup continues to appear. It is very frustrating!

Are these problems linked/dangerous/fixable?

My OS is Vista Home Premium.

Thanks a lot

Edited by PeterUK, 03 November 2010 - 08:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users