Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sticky-keys message at starup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jean_sakr

jean_sakr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

I had a problem with my windows , keep getting stickey keys message at startup , mouse selects all icons on desktop, and the keybopard writes caps only all times , so , I installed windows vista home basic to my laptop HP G5000 , my dvd couldn't read the windows disk , so I installed Power iso virtual cd and uploaded image file and started windows installation .

Succesfully windows was installed , dont know if this is right or wrong . Anyway , after installaion was completed , I still have the same problem , keep getting stickey key message etc, tried uninstalling keyboard and re install again also nothing, updated software via device manager also keep coming.

Is this a trojan or and error in hardware or what , pls advise urgently

Thx
Jean

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

Welcome to BleepingComputer :huh:
To me it looks like that your keyboard has problem and its keys are stuck or its cable is faulty. You should try another or new keyboard.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

Have you tried cleaning your keyboard? Something could be holding down the caps lock keys which can cause the Sticky Key error.

#4 jean_sakr

jean_sakr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

we cleaned the keyboard several times but still same problem , as soon as we get the problem we go to device manager and update keyboard software , the keyboard works immediatly for 1 hr and then we get stickey keys error and we update again and works , goes on and goes on ....

Pls advise what shall I do ?

Thx

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

Sounds to me like you need to replace the keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users