Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet Connected but no internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CSC1836

CSC1836

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:38 AM

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the internet on my desktop PC. It happened evidently last night because when I came to check my e-mail this morning I could load neither FireFox or IE. I am running Windows XP on my desktop and I also have two laptops running Windows 7. Connecting wirelessly(sp) is not a problem as I can hook up a wireless adapter to my desktop via usb and my rig will connect. Both laptops work fine as well. Although my local area connection shows to be connected under Network Connections, I still cannot load the internet with either browser unless I attempt it wirelessly.

EDIT: I would like to add that I have also tried different cables as well as bypassing the router. Also my Network adapter is a RealTek RTL8168D.

Edited by CSC1836, 03 November 2010 - 01:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mach_v

mach_v

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:52 AM

I would guess that the ethernet card / network card is bad or has a bad driver. Try a new pci or pciex1 network card.

#3 CSC1836

CSC1836
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

After trying a few more things, I have come to the conclusion that my Lan port is dead and will have to get a standalone card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users