Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MGTools Scanner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KLK0274

KLK0274

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

I have a laptop with Windows 7, 64-bit. I've been having a lot of trouble since I purchased it (approx 1 week ago). It is continuously freezing up and takes forever to shut down or boot up (i.e. more than 5 minutes). I tried to return the product but the merchant was not very accommodating. I currently have Kaspersky Internet Suite 2011, SAS, and Malwarebyte's Malware that I use to protect / identify viruses, etc. A friend told me about using MGTools Scanner as a diagnostics tool. I am attaching such in anticipation someone can make some sense of it (I can't).

I just realized there is no way to attach the document. Any suggestions? It's a zipped file.

Thanks.

Kevin

Edited by hamluis, 18 November 2010 - 07:05 PM.
Moved from All Other Applications to Win 7 ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

What is the make and model of this laptop?

Why was the seller disinclined to allow you to return the laptop?

Does the seller have tech support in the store?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

Another thought: Kaspersky. Maybe it doesn't play nice with your system. The only way to find out is to uninstall it. If this is something you want to try, enable the Windows firewall before uninstalling Kaspersky. You will find out fairly quickly if that is the cause. If not, you can reinstall Kaspersky.

Many times I suggested uninstalling a security suite and the problem was resolved. This is something that is rarely mentioned, so I like to throw it out for consideration.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

I guess that I don't understand.

You purchased a system a week ago...have had problems ever since...and you ran a tool that is designed for malware?

For want of a better place at the moment, I'm moving this to the Win 7 forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users