Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems using cable modem with usb cord

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 justjeff0331

justjeff0331

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

I am trying to hook up a 2nd computer using the usb port on my Motorola sbv5222 cable modem, main computer connects with the Ethernet cable. I downloaded the new/updated drivers from vender and ran on computer and followed the directions from the user Manuel for setting my tcp/ip. When I ran IPCONFIG from CMD it was showing I was not connected tried ipconfig /release which worked then ipconfig /renew and it would time out saying it could not receive IP address. It shows the adapter is limited or no connectivity and when try to repair it sez cannot get IP address. When I tried to ping all adapters it shows the sbv but sez it has a incorrect ip address of 255.255.255. I tried all kinds of things don't know if I did anything right or wrong but all in all still not working so thought it better to try and get some help.
Not sure what you will need to know or want me to do, so I will wait an see, have used this site many times and have always had great success.
Other computer is running windows xp pro home sp3, cable modem is a Motorola sbv5222.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users