Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Sure What Going On? Somethings Wrong

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 r350z

r350z

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:11 PM

Im not sure that this is the right forum to start this thread, so please move if appropriate. I have asked for advice on a couple different sites in the past to no avail. I go through the steps that they want done first and then post my HJT this log. Everyone says everything looks good though. I have for a long time now been convinced that I have a virus or something on my PC but neither HJT or the multiple anit-virus programs I have run turned anything much up. For some reason I still was convinced and continued trying differnt things. A cople of days ago I decided to reinstall Norton anti-virus and give that a try again. I did however stop explorer.exe from running while I installed it. I ran the scan and it actually found a virus.... W32.Alcra.D. All of the files were found here.. C:\Program Files\Ares\My Shared Folder\..... What worries me is I uninstalled this P2P program, maybe a year ago. It makes me believe my original thoughts were right. I have multiple viruses that have been here for sometime. Now Norton seems to be not running properly again and not detecting anything. So Im at a loss and I dont know if a HJT log is going to help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:53 PM

:thumbsup: to BC r350z,

You have two options as I see it:
You can submit an HJT log to our expert team of analysts to receive step-by-step instructions on ridding your machine of malware. To post an HJT log please read the 'Preparation Guide' before posting to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html

Alternatively you can post specifics in this forum and members will advise you ways to resolve your problems. (Please do not do this at the same time as having your log analysed.) Note: members are not permitted to advise on HJT logs in the open forums.

We need to know some information about your system such as CPU type, RAM capacity, hard drive make and size, graphics card type, what version of windows, what anti-virus or anti-spyware you have and some details about your applications.

Use 1 Anti-Virus program, 1 Firewall and many Anti-Spyware programs, supplemented by occasional online Anti-Virus scans.

Start by following this guide:

Is your Anti-virus program current and updated? If not you can download a free anti-virus program here (US Link): AVG Free
When you have downloaded and installed it you need to go online to register it and update it. (It will probably prompt you to do this.)
Once you have installed AVG uninstall your old Anti-Virus software because you should only have one running on your system.

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

See if that helps :flowers:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users