Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to repair my files after trojan damage?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Keela Paige

Keela Paige

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

My Dell laptop was attacked by a trojan virus months ago and I still have yet to have found a way to fix the files. Here are the issues I'm having:
1) When I click an icon in the start menu or on my desk top I recieve one of two messages; either an "Open With" window indicating that the file has been removed from its running application, or a message with the file location and "Application not found" below it.
2) When I chose to run Internet explorer I can, but I also recieve the "Open With" window, however on this application only, if I press "cancel" its still opens internet explorer. Some of my programs (only a select few though for reasons unknown) will run if I right click and chose to run as Admin.
3) When a CD or thumb drive is connected to my computer, my computer has difficulty starting or reading the program.
4) Its impossible to open Bluetooth or any other files that are located on the tool bar on the side and bottom of my computer screen.

I'm wondering if there is something I can do to "reattach" all my files. Almost like a full PC scan to repair the broken bonds/missing locations. PLEASE let me know if you have any advice, I'm getting pretty annoyed. I know that I could take it to Geek Squad but I'm reluctant only because of the initial $200 fee of "virus removal" just if they find a virus that my virus protection could remove if activated. Also- bonus points for anyone who can figure out how to also reactivate my finger print reader.

Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 03 November 2010 - 10:32 AM.
Moved from Vista forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users